GET YOUR MOOGLE ON: A GUIDE TO PRE-ORDERING FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Hey Gaymers, this year marks a big year for the Final Fantasy franchise. As most of you know (or should know) January 31st marksthe release of Final Fantasy XIII-2, the sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. This year also holds promise that we might see an international version of Final Fantasy Type-0 (formerly known as Agito) as well as more news about the development of Final Fantasy Versus.
If you’re an avid Final Fantasy Fanboy like me, you’ll know that information about what to expect from this new game is slowly getting leaked bit by bit. Many Final Fantasy blog sites have posts containing bits and pieces of information at a time. So for my first article I decided to compile all that information for sanity sake and so you know what to expect. From pre-ordering to DLCs you’ll know what’s going on with this new Final Fantasy.
There are 2 different options for pre-ordering available for XIII-2. You can pre-order either the standard edition for 59.99 or the collector’s edition for 79.99. The collector’s edition includes: a special limited edition packaging, the 4 disc original soundtrack and a 20 page Art book (featuring concept art of the characters, environments, etc.). A picture of what is contained is below.
*Image taken from gamestop.com
As with most major titles, some websites are offering some extra goodies by pre-ordering the collectors edition thru them. Here’s what is being offered:
- An extra DLC costume for Serah. (Note that costumes in this game are viewable all throughout the game, including cut scenes)
- Also if you are a PowerUp Rewards Member, you will receive the Genji Bow for Serah. This bow allows Serah to attack more frequently. (Pics of both costume and bow are below).
- An exclusive hardcover book which tells the story of what happened between Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2
- A DLC code for a Coliseum battle against Omega Weapon. Omega Weapon will join your party after you defeat him in battle.
Also I know for you gaymers where the end of the month equals rent and bills or those who are hesitant about buying XIII-2 after the disaster with X-2, Redbox will be carrying the game to rent. So you can test it out yourself before you decide if you want to buy it or not.
As some of you may or may not know, XIII-2 will feature lots of DLC content. I remember hearing rumors when XIII was release that they where going to try and make DLC content, but it was an idea that never came to fruition. With XIII-2 this isn’t the case, everything from extra costumes to special boss battles is in the works. Quite a bit of DLC content is lined up for shortly after the US Release.
- Assassin’s Creed Costume
- Brave in Blaze DLC Costume
- Evening Calm Costume (The Pink DLC Game Stop Pre-Order Costume)
- Exposure and Defense*
- Note that these are available in Japan but not yet confirmed for the US.
- Muramasa & Calamity Blade*
- Genji Bow (the Gamestop pre-order DLC)
- Seraphic Wing
Other DLC Goodies-
- Omega Weapon Coliseum Battle (See Amazon Preorder section for details)
- Lightning Coliseum Battle
- Not much information about this DLC is available yet.
So there you have it, all the pre-order goodies and DLC to come with this new Final Fantasy. There’s also a video below here that shows some of these goodies in action. Look for a guide of what to expect from XIII-2 coming soon. This is the part where the fanfare music cues and I do some sort of victory pose. ‘Til next time.